Year 6Ba 2019 - 2020
Our class teacher is Mr Banks and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Kelly. We are also lucky to have Mrs Womack teaching us for two afternoons each week.
In Year 6 we are busy getting ourselves High School ready. We try to make all our learning fun and enjoyable and the children really thrive to improve their learning in all areas of the curriculum.
Children are expected to read at least 3 times per week (please sign reading records). They are also expected to learn spellings weekly (tests take place weekly on Friday). Maths and Literacy homework will also be sent home on Friday and is expected the following Wednesday. This is a vital aspect of Year 6 as this will become common practice when the children move up to High School.
Important things to remember:
- Key Stage Two Tests will take place between Monday 11th May to Thursday 14th May - do not book any holidays during this week.
- PE is currently on Tuesday and Thursday - please ensure your child has a labelled PE kit in school every day.
- It is really important that your child reads regularly - they should all read at least three times each week. Discussing the book with your child will develop reading comprehension skills too.
- Please help your child learn times tables up to 12x12. TTRockstars and Hit the Button are great games to help with this.
- Have a look at these websites - they'll be really useful for going over key ideas.
https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/subjects/zv48q6f A great site for revising English. It covers Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling, Reading and Writing, Speaking and Listening and a range of text types.
http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks2literacy.html A range of literacy games - well worth a look!
https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/subjects/z826n39 Revise everthing to do with KS2 Mathematics. If you are having a problem with any aspect of Maths then take a look at this site.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see me at the end of the school day.
Simms Cross Superstars
Each week one child from our class is chosen to be a Simms Cross Superstar and receive a postcard in our Friday Celebration Assembly.
Will it be you this week?
Last week's winner was Ellie for her hard work in all subjects - she just 'gets on with it!'
Golden Tie Award
Each week a child will be chosen whom we consider to be going 'Above and Beyond' in their learning and behaviour. They will wear a golden tie all week and go home in this tie to share their success with parents.
What will you do this week to make sure that it is you?
Last week's winner was Tyler for going above and beyond in his efforts to improve his vocabulary and use adventurous words in his writing.
Year 6Ba: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6Ba: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6Ba: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display