Year 6By 2019 - 2020
Welcome to the Class 6BY!
Our class teacher is Miss Byrne and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Kelly.
In Year 6, we are busy getting ourselves High School ready. We try to make all our learning fun and enjoyable and the children really thrive to improve their learning in all areas of the curriculum.
Children are expected to read at least 3 times per week (please sign reading records). They are also expected to learn spellings weekly (tests take place weekly on Friday). Maths and Literacy homework will also be sent home on Friday and is expected the following Wednesday. This is a vital aspect of Year 6 as this will become common practice when the children move up to High School.
Important things to remember:
- Key Stage Two Tests will take place between Monday 11th May to Thursday 14th May - do not book any holidays during this week.
- PE is currently on Tuesday and Thursday - please ensure your child has a labelled PE kit in school every day.
- It is really important that your child reads regularly - they should all read at least three times each week. Discussing the book with your child will develop reading comprehension skills too.
- Please help your child learn times tables up to 12x12. TTRockstars and Hit the Button are great games to help with this.
- Have a look at these websites - they'll be really useful for going over key ideas.
https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/subjects/zv48q6f A great site for revising English. It covers Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling, Reading and Writing, Speaking and Listening and a range of text types.
http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks2literacy.html A range of literacy games - well worth a look!
https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/subjects/z826n39 Revise everthing to do with KS2 Mathematics. If you are having a problem with any aspect of Maths then take a look at this site.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see me at the end of the school day.
Year 6By: News items
THE WINNERS, by Mr Banks
'Times Table Rockstars' epic battle - final weekend., by Mr Banks
Christmas lunch, by Mr Graham
Year 6By: Blog items
There are no blog items to display