Free School Meals
Whilst all children in Reception Class, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to receive a free school meal under the Universal Free School Meal entitlement, parents/carers are strongly encouraged to also apply through this link https://cyp.halton.gov.uk/Synergy/Live/SynergyWeb/Parents/default.aspx as each child eligible for a Free School Meal based upon parent/carer income attracts a “Pupil Premium” for the School which is provided by Central Government and equates to a cash amount for your child’s School. This is then used to support children’s education through the provision of additional teachers, Teaching Assistant support and resources at the School.
Parents of children in KS2 should also use this link to apply.
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
When you complete a Housing/Council Tax Benefit form, and meet the correct eligibility criteria, this automatically entitles your child(ren) to free school meals. Please make sure you tick the box requesting Free School Meals. Schools will be directly advised of this eligibility and your child(ren) will remain eligible for the period you are in receipt of the qualifying benefit.
For a small number of parents in receipt of Child Tax Credit, they will be required to complete a free schools meal application form..
Please apply if you think your child may be entitled to Free School Meals, even if they usually have a Packed Lunch.
Please don't hesitate to contact the school if you have any questions.